
We visited the local Target store this afternoon and one big, old man going by the name of 'Santa' was sitting in the entrance way. Both girls were happy to sit upon his knees and have a photo taken with him. I won't have the pic until later in the week and I suspect it will be a dodgy one as 'Mrs Claus' didn't appear to be overly competent. No troubles..we're going to David Jones in the next fortnight to get a more desirable snap.
But...it sprang to one's mind that it is Christmas in only 23 days! I haven't even thought about what to eat on the day. I have other things to organise right now, quite substantial things and don't go thinking new baby things either 'cause you'd be well bloody wrong there. However, I'll fill you in on that news when I have more time and blogging patience. It's the dinner time slot here and I'm in the middle of preparing a lovely lemon, parmesan & pine nut spaghetti. The smell of garlic wafts through the house as I type. Food, food...glorious food.
I know, I know, I know !! :p
ReplyDeleteAnd that spaghetti ... mmm .. I think I might make something similar for us tonight too ...
Oww, spaghetti sounds delightful...
ReplyDeleteMiss Monet is awfully frightened of seeing 'real' Santas. No photo this year. Again.
Miss A was the same until I took along an older friend of hers (by 2.5yrs), the minute Miss K had finished with Santa she was convinced she could do it.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, it took another visit to that shopping centre for her to find courage to talk to him and get a photo. I don't push it, if they weren't happy I would never make them do it. I can't stand seeing those parents wrestling with their child (and Santa!) to get the perfect picture. Shit...that's what Photoshop is for ha ha ha ha.
I'll post the recipe for the spaghetti..it's an adaptation of one from The River Cafe recipe book (spaghetti al limone).
I made the spaghetti - well, a variation thereof - thanks for the inspiration :)
ReplyDeleteSanta pics - we don't do them - Mummy hates lining up and waiting with other snots, and then being disappointed with a weird looking Santa, or a weird looking kid.
So we just don't ...