Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Day menu in our house..

Today I put together a small list of what I see us eating on Christmas/Boxing Day so I can stock up early next week. Where I live people act like the shops won't be open for the next year and go crazy buying 15 of everything..Brandy custard, Pavolva shells, watermelons, smoked salmon - all the stuff that everyone else wants IF ONLY THEY BLOODY WELL BOUGHT THE AMOUNT THEY REALLY NEED. Silly, silly old coots.

This is how the list looks for now:

Breakfast
Fruit
Ham
Pastries
Croissants & Jam/Cream
Tea/Coffee
Bubbly
Mixed Fruit Shakes

Lunch
Ham with condiments
Smoked salmon slices (cream cheese & chives)
BBQ Garlic prawns & calamari rings
Dijon, potato & egg Salad
Runny honey, tomato & mint salad
Basil peso pasta salad
Knot rolls
Ice-cream Christmas pudding
Chocolate balls/Rum balls
White Christmas
Pavlova

Drinks
Pineapple & Mint Slushie
Sauv Blanc/Verdelho/Chardonnay
Beer

4 comments:

  1. You sound organised and you've made me very hungry!!! I have my 'menu' in my head but I think I need to put it down on paper so I can get a bit more organised. I love Christmas food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I'm coming to your place for Christmas Day. That sounds delicious!

    (Found you via a comment at Melody's)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to post my Christmas Menu today too ( I always write it out ! ).

    My dinner is tomorrow, so i'm just taking a break from mopping floors...

    How *do* people do Xmas Breakfast ?!?! I get up at 6am and am so busy doing last minute prep for lunch, and then showering/dressing .. I don't get a moment to eat until about 1pm !!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.