Thursday, December 27, 2007

Boxing Day Concert - '5 Dancing Ballerinas'..



Yesterday we had the Christmas gathering at the "Outlaws" house in Brisbane which was surprisingly manageable, I say suprisingly because there is usually some kind of meltdown on MIL's behalf.

Each year the eldest grandchild (11.5yo female named J) composes a Christmas play/concert for all of the adults but mostly for Granny (the Big Fella's Mother) as she and at one time, her husband is very active in the arts theatre industry. You'd think they were watching 'Cats' the way it's produced.

There isn't much time to rehearse, the "actors" are only given their script an hour prior to the show considering we all live in different parts of Australia and convene only twice a year. I've suggested to J that she comes up with her script earlier next year and email it to her cousins for them to learn lines and understand the plot. She seemed to be interested in that idea so no doubt I'll be roped into the production in '08. I prefer to sit on the sidelines than deal with their artistic differences. Sheesh...kids!

2 comments:

  1. Your little ballerina is stunning. *Love* the pose!!! I bought Monet some el-cheapo $2 ballerina shoes (from the Warehouse) and she loves them!! Strikes a pose and everything. Not half as good as Miss A though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds *fraught*.

    Still, 11.5yr old will be surly and into ponies next year, and then surly and into boys the year after - so you may be off the hook :p

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.