Sunday, December 23, 2007

The 52nd week..

Once it's Christmas time my brain shuts down, that is it for that year. I know we've still got another 8 days until we're saying farewell to another year but I feel as though there is nothing left to do, nothing to "aim for" if you like. Do you feel that too?

Have I told you my favourite day of the week is Sunday? It never used to be, I mean when I was a full-time working girl it was most likely the worst possible day. I started cramming everything into that last day before it was "heads down, bum up" in the office studio.

However, nowadays my Sundays consist of this sort of routine:
6:30-7:00am Baby wakes, is br/fed and we have playtime - in our bedroom.

7:00-8:00am Miss A wakes and it's louder playtime and smiles - in our bedroom.
(somewhere in between here we all eat breakfast, but it's always playtime first)

8:30-12 noon Put baby back to bed, drink tea or fresh espresso coffee, watch music programmes & reading magazines and papers - in our bedroom.

Our bedroom is in a separate wing to the rest of the house, a 'parents retreat' in the modern day terms. Aside from our bed, lowboy and bedside tables, walk-in robe and ensuite we have a two-seater lounge suite, normal size television (or is that small size now - 51cm, probably small?) and there is a big glass sliding door leading out to the garden....so my view right now is an almost dead lawn due to the horrid drought and subsequent water restrictions we are facing here in Queensland. If I shut the door to the main section of the house it almost becomes sound proof. BLISS!!!

See how easy my Sunday goes, it's the day I get to sit in bed and not have to worry about what the house looks like for a few hours. Sometimes I bring my laptop in and catch up on blogs and email. And then it ends.....

3 comments:

  1. When we were "professional working girls" weren't Sunday afternoons the worst? The dread of going back to work on the Monday. Urgh. Maybe that's why a group of us would gather on Sunday arvos down St. Kilda and drink away.... (oh the memories!!) Now though, love Sundays. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Professional working girls...ha ha ha ha - speak for yourself ;-)
    So that's what you were doing in St Kilda hey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I knda worded that wrong didn't I? Typical.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.