Today I remember my stepfather Glen. Today he would have been 73 years old, he was 17 years Mum's senior. He adored his rose garden and spent times of peace amongst his fine specimen. Mum married him when I was almost four years old and we had one of those hot and cold relationships in my younger years. However as I matured I realised what sort of nonsense he endured living married to my Mother with her drinking problems, sadly he passed away a lonely man in 2000 and I was jumping hurdles of a serious relationship breakdown, I didn't give him the time he/we deserved.Thank you Glen, you were a man of great physical strength and a heart of mash. Somehow I think you and I had unspoken respect for one another, you knew that I knew and we left it at that. In my books, that's kinda honourable.
Rest in peace old boy...one day we'll right things.
That's a lovely heartfelt post Kikimiss. I'm sure Glen forgave you years ago, it's just a pity he died a lonely man. Everyone deserves someone.
ReplyDeletexx
ReplyDeleteA lovely post. I'm sure Glen is still looking over you and knows how you feel.
xx
That's lovely. When Andrew Denton interviewed Rod Stewart a couple of weeks ago Rod said his family always refered to people who are dead as being 'up there, on the roof'. I love that so maybe those 'possum' noises in the night are really your step dad :)
ReplyDeleteBTW - thanks for the chocolate removing tips. I tried it yesterday and the evil choco came off without a glitch!!