Number 1: last night was the first night I have slept without a maternity bra in 16 months! Yep, these bazookas grow fairly sizable pre and post birth, and I'm still sporting a size 14F rack - not good when you're only 5"5 and err'ing on size 14. Hoping that they really shrink (in the nicest possible way) when breastfeeding ceases. God, it felt good! Freedom at its best.
Number 2: I'm home alone right now, washing the saucepans and baking dishes from yesterday's family reunion when all of a sudden the scent of my now deceased Grandmother's perfume (Estee Lauder Private Collection for those of you playing at home) wafts past me - a really, really powerful waft. To the point I loudly gasped. Have you ever had that happen to you? It was so strong, I was almost following it around the kitchen. No, I haven't been drinking but I do believe in spirits. I miss you so much Mardi.
14F wooh!! No maternity bra because you have finished breast feeding or because there is no longer any midnight wake-up call? My boobies are still in a maternity bra - a ratty old saggy one from two babies ago. I hate it but it sort of does the job. Pulling my girls up off the floor requires some strength.
ReplyDeleteOh the freedom for you! I remember (still) when I could go to bed without wearing a maternity bra. Fan-bloody-tastic!!And 14F?? My god.
ReplyDeleteHow weird about you having a whiff of that perfume! That's really nice, she must still be around you, which is a nice thing to happen to you.
SF..I just decided I'd see if I could go a night without leaking because I sort of still am overnight, not enough to wear breast pads (most of the time) but enough to be uncomfortable. She still has an overnight feed or two and only now am I in the process of putting a new plan in action. At 9 months I really feel she should be sleeping longer, she's a big eater though so perhaps we're not giving her enough dinner. All being reviewed.
ReplyDeleteWonder if I should try my luck and not wear the bra tonight too?
well I was the opposite. had little to start with, but after breasfeeding, I seriously went down a size and hoped that it might have been the other way. its like if you have straight hair you want curly hair and if you have curly hair you want straight hair.
ReplyDeleteThe first thing I did after getting my positive test result was w00t! and get out my comfy maternity bras - I love 'em !
ReplyDeleteThen again, I wear a bra 24/7 almost, even wehn not preggers.
I think I mentioned that here before ? In fact, i'm *sure* I commented on this post, but it must have been eaten by blogger ? :(
I can't be entirely certain, but I thought you commented here too H&B? That's strange I've never lost comments before.
ReplyDelete