Thursday, December 06, 2007

Humorous parental reading..

The title of this book caught my eye in Borders and really made me giggle, as did one of its reviews from Publishers Weekly.."Crass but reassuring, Wilder-Taylor succeeds in putting fears at rest".

Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay

Stefanie Wilder-Taylor combines practical tips with sidesplitting humour and refreshing honesty, assuring women that they can be good mothers and responsibly make their own choices. A witty and welcome antidote to trendy parenting texts and scarifying case studies, Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay provides genuine support, encouragement, and indispensable common-sense advice.

3 comments:

  1. Oh course not !
    They're for Sauv Blanc :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you h&b, I'm a Sauv Blanc/Verdelho kind of lady myself. Oh...wouldn't say no to a Vodka based drink either...have to admit I indulged in one of the big fella's specialties on Friday night (Vodka, crushed ice, Ginger Beer and fresh lime juice & limes). Fan-bloody-tastic summer bevvie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my the drink you described above sounds 'fan-bloody-tastic'. Very nice. And make mine a Sem Sauv Blanc. ta.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.