Thursday, January 17, 2008

Who else plans meals?..

Most Thursdays (if we're lucky), I sit down and plan the meal for the coming week. It might sound overly organised but it's really just aiming to keep within a food budget and try to reduce the amount of wastage that can often happen in a household. I also find it so much easier on a daily basis when I can just glance at my list to see what's on the menu. Also includes two baking indulgences.

This week's menu consists of:
MONDAY - Lamb, haloumi & spinach salad
TUESDAY - Lasagne (the Big Fella's turn)
WEDNESDAY - Sausages & vegetables (Miss A's request!)
THURSDAY - Pork fillets & tomato cous cous
FRIDAY - Homemade burgers
SATURDAY - BBQ chicken & Wombok noodle salad
SUNDAY - Thai style foil-baked fish, rice & salad
BAKING - 1. Flourless chocolate cake and 2. Coconut Bread (Bill Granger)

2 comments:

  1. I plan *all* the time, especially my meals. Makes it easier to know what where having when Lyndon rings up and asks 'What's for tea'. I usually plan for at least 5 meals, with the 6th and 7th meals being either leftovers or something quick and easy from a can (soup, spaghetti), freezer (dimmies, springys) or packet. Saves my mind too (and $ and wastage!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always plan ahead now too, I find if I dont have alist to work from I have no idea what/how much to buy at the shops anyway. Now that my new kitchen gets really really hot whenever the temp soars above 30c I can only plan a few days in advance, having to also keep the weather forecast in mind, ie if hot make salad only as there is no way i could turn on the oven or stove on those days.

    ps - i love Bills Coconut bread too

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.