Thursday, January 03, 2008

Girly chit-chats..

A girlfriend of mine (from Melbourne) is coming to stay overnight with her 2yo son. Now, we haven't seen one another in a year so there is always plenty to chat about. Our friendship began as she was employed as my assistant in the mid-90s, our working life together was always one of much hilarity - you almost wouldn't believe some of the antics we engaged ourselves in, even if I did tell you. Always naughty, but always nice.

I look forward to a few wines this afternoon/evening, Miss D will drink formula from a bottle so don't call DoCS on me please. You're "allowed" to do that sometimes just ask Britney and H&B :-)

Knowing me I'll have one too many and there will be some minor accident, it always happens when we congregate - I guess you could say we leave it to long between drinks. I'm actually not feeling too well (sore throat) so I've decided laughter is the best medicine in this case, bring on the Moscow Mules after dinner.

PS: Thanks also goes to H&B for providing the Tacos menu plan for dinner...how easy, requiring very little prep and thought!!

3 comments:

  1. I made my own fajitas (?) the other night - delicious. I will be posting the recipe soon...

    Those drinks sound lovely - I take it you made those which resulted in loss of voice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, no loss of voice has been coming for a few days..it has affected the entire household now. Both parents and baby D have this silly chesty cough but I'm the only one to have lost my voice. Probably because I talk the most ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey !

    Britney lost her kids today after a *severe* meltdown on the ol' drugs and alkyhol .. so I hope we don't follow her too closely !

    :P

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.