Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches".

Welcome 2008!

New year, old souls and unknown, fresh surroundings. That is our forecast for 2008.

In a little over four weeks we are moving to the countryside. It's okay - don't gasp, in my teens when I wasn't at boarding school (grrr), I was raised in a semi-rural situation so I'm not completely oblivious to snakes, toads, spiders and the like. However I know I'm going to have a hard time teaching Miss A just because Bindi is a snake handler - she is not.

Our backyard is an orchard and looks like this!

The vege patch which needs some TLC looks just like this!


I look forward to bringing you many amusing tales from here, with cups of tea and warm afternoon cake.


So, what do you think?...almost 4.5 acres of a more simplistic life to live and love on. Bring on February so this can all be over and packing is a nightmare I may not have had.

Thanks to The Presidents Of The United States for my post title - as taken from their lyrics to 'Peaches'.

3 comments:

  1. You know what I think alrady about your new abode! Wonderful!!! Very wonderful.... How lucky you, the Big Fella and your 2 girls are....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats huge, good luck! As soon as I'm not using a few minutes of stolen internet each day & mine is up & running I'll show you my tiny new patch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics!
    You must be hugely excited about that move.
    Moving to the country is definitely on my list of things I'd love to do. Its probably more of the one achievable aims.
    I don't fancy my chances of going to the Greek Islands with Hugh Grant.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.