Monday, January 28, 2008

She lives for the music..

Whilst a few of us are on the subject of our children's musical tastes I thought I should document the bands/songwriters Miss A is "into" right now. Not an hour goes by and she's at me/us to put on this or that for her listening pleasure. Sometimes ours too but as she does like a lot of Top 40 commercial stuff it can grate on you after your tenth listen.

Miss A's music on high rotation of late, in no particular order of preference - except for Mr JT:
1. Justin Timberlake ("but, we call him JT don't we Mum?")
2. Thirsty Merc
3. Missy Higgins
4. Delta Goodrem
5. The Veronicas (but if you're her you'll pronounce them with a 'B')
6. Silverchair
7. The Potbelleez
8. Sneaky Sound System
9. Gotye
10. Amy Winehouse (I constantly laugh how someone with an addiction to drugs & alcohol has this surname)
11. John Butler Trio
12. Fergie

Interesting mix there, huh?!

PS: One week today my sweet begins her year of Kindergarten, at the initial parent meeting last week I put my hand up for Publicity Officer. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew, this year will see me with a few new projects and now this. Oh well..I consider it an investment into our children's education being able to volunteer my expertise in the area of advertising and public relations.

2 comments:

  1. I also used to play "Zebra" in the nursery .. should dig that out again :)

    I have 'Orientation' tomorrow am. It's only 30minutes .. I can see it now .. just as he's settling in, I drag him out of the place, possibly kicking and screaming.

    While all the 'Nice' mummies and children look on ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cut throat world of advertising and PR has nothing on Kinder Committees!
    I did the newsletter at our kinder for two years. I went mad with the power of controlling which kids had their photos in the newsletter and which didn't.
    Of course I used my powers for good only....
    Your littley will love kinder - its a gorgeous environment for them.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.