1. I recently saw a guy called Dr Perls on 'Martha', he is the founder and director of the New England Centenarian Study, the largest study of centenarians and their families in the world. He was talking about your life expectancy and how he had a programme to calculate how long that would be. Certain members of the audience participated and he flashed up their expected age. Today it got me thinking I wonder what that age would be for me considering we are supposedly now living longer. So I did the test and it worked out at 87 years of age! *gasp*
Take it yourself if you're interested...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2. With this move creeping up on me faster than I'd sort of wish right now, I realised how close February is and that I will soon be 36 (all this age talk is affecting me it seems). I'm not scared to age, I don't think I look anywhere near my age (thanks to Dad's fine genes) so what the hell am I worried about? Well, it's the fact that I don't feel as though I've contributed much to my life in the past ten years. Don't get me wrong, I've got two wonderful daughters who truly are the centrepiece in my life. I'm referring to me as an individual, as a woman. I want to give more and equally, I want to take more. This year I have a lot of goals, I am yet to post them on my blog..I'll get to it after I decide how at least, manageable before achievable they really are. It's only day 16 for 2008, as long as I've written them here before the end of this month I think I'm still within the new year 'phase'. There must be some crazy hormone things going on for me right now, there seems to have been an increase in feeding Miss D in the past week so with that I find my brain very jumbled. I generally have too many thoughts racing about but right now they are threefold.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
3. More birthdays & partying - the girls' birthdays happen to fall in March which can be a blessing if you're like me and wish to save on party affairs and entertainment. Miss D reaches age 1 (oh my!!!) and Miss A will be 4, both ages deserve a party of some kind. Obviously turning one is a huge affair not only for the babe but for her parents and turning four is when you really understand how much fun a soiree with your friends is. The Big Fella isn't too keen for me to spend the money but I'm really wanting to use a local party specialist who will come to your nominated place of party and "entertain" if you like for two hours. I like the sound of that, our parties are usually longer than 2 hours so it's not like I will be abandoning my duties as hostess with the mostess. Well, only for a short while. I asked Miss A what she would like and she seemed very enthusiastic about the idea, especially after looking at the 'Enchanted Forest' theme!! I knew she wanted a fairy party and I like that they've incorporated elves for the boys considering there will be four or five boys present.
It's $24.70 per child (min. of 16) which to me is a great "investment", allowing the adults time to happily chat (read: with NO interruptions) for those 2 hours. That cost includes two hosts for 2 hours in a fully decorated marquee, face painting, craft, games AND prizes!! This is an excerpt from the website, what do you think, would you do it?

"The ability to have the party at home, beautifully decorated and fully hosted, where the parent/s could also take the time to enjoy and share the experience with their child, instead of madly running from one thing to the next!
Organza draped mini marquees, hand carved and painted facades and props, linen tablecloths/stool covers and small, yet meaningful finishing touches. Another concept and a passion of Lisa's, is that children feel free to enjoy themselves in a guided, rhythmic programme of activities. So, once the scene is set, two hosts then take the children on a journey of face-painting (using quality Mehron face paints), games and craft (a little memento to remember the special party, that the children have created themselves).
The result is a uniquely memorable birthday for your child and wonderful photos for the album! With the options of themes available, you could try something different each year, and many have!! So give Lisa a call or email to discuss creating your child's next party or special event and let yourself enjoy the party too!!
How about you hire me to run the party? *heehee*
ReplyDeleteI'm living till I'm 88 apparently. That's a good innings isn't it?
Yes it is...and to think we'll be boring the shit out of each other via Blogspot 'til then ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat test has me obsessed. I've done it for myself (88), the husband (86) and both my parents. According to the test, my Dad should have died two years ago. I should phone more often.....
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the party. It sounds fun!
I bowed out after a couple of questions. i recognised answering in the region of 'not giving a fig about your family and keeping in touch with them' wasn't going to bode me well.
ReplyDeleteWhich is silly, because i'm actaully happier and healthier WITHOUT unwanted family baggage, and my own little branch is all I need :)
The party sounds great, but i'm a tightie and wouldn't be forking out that kind o' money.
I did a playcentre for the boy's 2nd though, when we had only a tiny house with no backyard. It was $12 a head fully catered, minimum 10 kids. That's more my budget :p