Sunday, January 13, 2008

For the love of children's tunes..

We're ginormous fans of ABC for Kids Music, especially Ms Justine Clarke and now I see Miss A's attention diverts to Mr Jay Laga'aia and his CD 'Come Dance and Sing'. Very pleased with the talents of this man - the album was written, arranged and sung by Jay including his expertise with many of the instruments used. You can pick this up at JB Hi-Fi for around AUD$13.00.

He writes really down-to-earth music for children about the everyday life. Cute titles such as 'Teeth and Hair', 'I Live On A Street' and 'I Want My Mummy'. Reviewers all say he has a natural warmth and ease with children...he'd want to, he has seven of his own!!

You may have seen the film clip for "Ooh Aah Aah" (track #14) on ABC around Play School viewing time. It's such a great little ditty and like me, you may just find yourself secretly listening to it when you're sans children. Ssssh.

2 comments:

  1. We have the Justine Clarke CD/DVD too. Love her songs. Many times we all find ourselves singing Watermelon... I've seen this Jay Laga'ala one too but haven't (so far) purchased. I don't think I could handle another kids CD in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay's gorgeous.

    I think about buying kids' CD's .. but I never do.

    MC likes playing "Mambo No5" on some McHappyMeal toy we got last year...

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.