Saturday, July 15, 2006

Writing a eulogy

Early of hours of this morning I woke with an awful feeling, (and other than having to get up and go and tinkle) I had been dreaming about having to write a eulogy.
I don't remember whose it was though, which is probably for the best. Its had me pondering over how hard it would be to write one in such times of grieving. In that case, am I supposed to start now even while the person is seemingly fit and healthy...the person I would find the easiest, and I say that ever so delicately, is Dad's life story. Most women I know would say they know a good deal about their Mother's life but not me. I have in depth conversations, heart-to-hearts with my Dad, my partner often says we natter on like a pair of old women (well, he is in his 60s!!). It will be the most distressing and painful words I will write and my question is, should I be jotting words, phrases etc now? Is that morbid?

I think the dream I had stemmed from me reading a beautiful blog by an Englishman named Colin, he recently lost his wife, Linda of 30+ years to Leukaemia and his site is a tear-jerking tribute to her and life after her passing.

I googled to find out more about writing a eulogy, that might be a good start. Hmm, see I knew this drizzly, cold weather would see my posts turn miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.