Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My first appointment

Everything went smoothly at the doctor's appointment this morning, she sent me for the routine blood and urine tests of which I will find out the results in two weeks time. We spoke about the nuchal translucency scan (NT) and I agreed I would like to have this test as I did when pregnant with Miss A. I'm all for awareness you see. We also discussed her offering me acupuncture in the event of the hyperemesis gravidarum returning. Now I don't want to think about that (even though it has been on my mind constantly) and I aim to keep well hydrated, well fed and all-round mentally well. This might come as a shock to some but I did wonder if my previous illness with HG was brought on mentally, but this time around I have a little person to care for so I must maintain a positive outlook. Oh I wanted to mention one thing..I no longer want my first cup of tea in the morning, there are some horrible parts to pregnancy aren't there?!

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

The funniest thing I think A has ever done happened as we were eating our lunch today. She had finished and decided to clean her teeth (her favourite chore) so until I heard clinking in the bathroom I wasn't concerned. I called out to her "what are you doing in there?" and she said in her toothbrush-filled little voice "I cleaning my teeth" so I was pleased that she bothered to answer me. Then, she presented herself to me and I smelt something awfully sweet, nothing like peppermint toothpaste at all. I realised she had sprayed one of my perfumes into her mouth. Aaaagh. Hopefully it won't make her sick! I did laugh so much I was crying...

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of HG. It must have been very difficult the first time. Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOw exciting and nerve racking. I am a bundle of anxiety when pregnant!
    My girls like to disappear into the bathroom to 'clean their teeth' when what they are actually doing is eating toothpaste!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.