
Miss A looooooves kangaroos, I think she believes she is a descendant of them the way she gets up close and almost lies on top of them. There has been much talk about kangaroos and different Australian animals of late so a friend and I decided we would treat our children to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary today where they seem to house more kangaroos than koalas, much to my little one's delight. It was quite an inexpensive day out as we qualified for a $49.00 family deal (2 adults + 3 children) and under 3's are free (thank you). Lunch was fresh and healthy (chicken & salad wraps) and the coffee was, I was very surprised, quite drinkable and more-ish. The fact that it was Merlo Coffee may have something to do with that.
My little darling was so well behaved, she walked from the minute we arrived at the ticket counter to just before leaving when I needed to prop her up in the stroller for the uphill walk to the souvenir shop. There were no tantrums, no pushing and shoving (on my behalf), just a pleasant little girl who even sat down at lunch time to a plate of sandwiches. Of course in her praise we came away with an almost 30cm fluffy kangaroo and joey. A lovely day out in the sun again.
What a good girl she was! Lucky you!
ReplyDeleteWe're actually in Qld at the moment, I'm up here for a conference so while hte family enjoys the joys of the Sunshine Coast, I'll be working. Groan! Ah well. I think Underwater world is definitely on the agenda! Hope mine behaves as well as yours...not that i'll be around to see it!
We visited Underwater World this time last year, it was a nice way to spend an hour and a half but I do like Sea World the best. Enjoy your time here, at least it has been sunny for you.
ReplyDelete