Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ever had a country killed steak?

We had a BBQ lunch today at the nearby rural township of Fernvale, in the Brisbane Valley approximately 50mins drive from where I live. A family friend and her two children live there and it was one of the most simple, relaxing days I've had in a very long time. We ate THE most tender steak I think I've ever had pass my lips and C went onto explain to us that the local butcher still slaughters his own hand-reared beasts and as such displays a sign above his butchery exclaiming 'Last Country Killed Beef'. Interesting stuff, I for one would hate to be his neighbour.


The glorious Queensland winter sun warmed us all as we ate (way too much) and watched the children play on the ever popular Peppertown Skyfort. Now I've seen how much my little one loves that equipment I want one too and I can justify its expenditure since the two children it belongs to are 7 and 9 and still play on it, after five years!! If you break the initial costs down per year/week, it comes to just over $6.50 per week. What cheaper entertainment can you get without leaving your own backyard I ask?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of money, but would be worth it's weight in gold if the kids love it.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.