It has hit me, the hideous beast that is morning sickness. I'm feeling terribly sorry for myself and for the past two days have been in the same clothes. I know, it's horrible...you don't have to remind me! Luckily the big fella has been taking care of meal times but all I could stomach last night was fried eggs on English muffins. I think I need to get into something a little more substantial though or the vicious cycle will continue in a downward spiral.
I wish I didn't feel so sorry for myself. What's with that? I keep wishing I wasn't pregnant, an awful admission but it's the truth. I just want to feel "normal" again. I remember feeling this way the first time, actually it was worse. I made remarks about having a miscarriage. It's not pre-natal depression, it's my reaction to sickness. I can't stand the rollercoaster of likes and dislikes that go along with pregnancy. One day you love Ginger Nut Cookies, the next you hate them. Then you love salted peanuts. Ohhh roll on week 40.....
Any comments providing suggestions for the weak will be greatly appreciated.
I have to admit that two years down the track, I don't remember the morning sickness. I do, however, remember wishing very very secretly a few times that I wasn't pregnant. So I understand a little bit of what you're feeling.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is that week 40 seems ages away, but it will get here. Eventually. Maybe some small amounts of fresh ginger in hot water, with a dash of lemon and honey might help soothe you. Nothing stimulating like coffee, it used to upset my stomach when I was pregnant. Hope this helps
I'm sorry you're feeling so sick - I had morning sickess with my three too - but nothing like as severe as you. I was going to suggest ginger tea - but I see I've been beaten to the post!
ReplyDeleteI should add girls, I'm really not interested in hot drinks right now. All I seem to be able to stomach today is lemonade. Ginger seems to aggravate things. Boohoo, what a whinger huh! :-(
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I can't help you here kikimiss. I was one of those fortunate beings who didn't get morning sickness. All I remember is feeling really, really tired that would roll over in waves in the first trimester...
ReplyDeleteI didn't get M/S either .. but every now and again i'd feel a bit 'something', and a little tub of apple puree ( you can buy them in little 3-packs from Goulburn Valley ) would do the trick just nicely.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I also remember wishing I wasn't pregnant any more. I wasn't so much sick as just tired and blah ... really not interested in doing anything or talking to anyone.
ReplyDeleteThe first three months are tough, but remember it gets better in the middle :) Hang in there!
I was just sooo tired (and would sneak away from my desk for a quiet nap in the loos around 3pm every day for the first couple of months). Um, Premium crackers seemed to help me, and plain bread. Sorry I can't think of anything else, it seems so long ago!
ReplyDelete