
We caught the CityCat high speed ferry into South Bank Parklands today. I wouldn't normally visit such a tourist destination on the weekend but a family friend is visiting from New Zealand so we booked a large table at one of the pubs. I was pleasantly surprised by my Barramundi dish and their take on the banoffee pie. After a short stroll around the markets we ventured home as Missy was so darn tired, my Aunt's partner was a great babysitter and kept taking her out to the nearby playground which was fantastic for me but aided in her 'hitting the wall' even faster. Needless to say she had a very late afternoon sleep (4:30pm-7pm) and is still sitting behind me now doing some puzzles.
Only a matter of hours before the big fella (by the way, I call him that because he is over 6ft2" in height) will be home. My "me" time is now over, not that I mind...my Father's house was broken into in the early hours of yesterday morning (thank goodness he is away in Melbourne on business) so I had a terrible sleep last night, tossing and turning wondering if the same was about to happen to me. I must have got out of bed three or four times turning the lights on and off so the "robbers" knew there were occupants. I hate how that happens!!
You're so lucky to have *your* South Bank on the beach, not like our mucky Yarra. It looks gorgeous. Glad you made it through the week without the husband :-)
ReplyDeleteI've been to South Bank and the swimming areas are great for kids .. not in winter though!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Brisbane has finally realised what an asset the Brisbane River is and has built areas to draw people down there.
I haven't had a banoffee pie in AGES! Yum!
I have visited 'your' South bank a couple of times, over 10 years ago now. I remember how much I enjoyed it and visitng those craft markets (My sister studied at QU for a couple of years, doing a Masters in Journalsim). I love Melbourne's Southbank, as we lived really close to it. Of course it doesn't really compare to Brissys...
ReplyDelete