Stories from an Australian girl. At one time I was a mover and shaker in a city advertising agency but opted out for a simpler, more wholesome life. I now dedicate my working hours to my digital marketing consultancy where I focus on modern communications. There's four of us in this family. We live in the hills above the south east Queensland coastland with much food, coffee, music and art. And life is real. Very real.
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
State of Who Cares!!
That says it all! I cannot stand rugby league football and therefore I will not be watching Channel Nine tonight as they broadcast the 'State Of Origin' game. Instead I will put my feet up on the lounge and enjoy my ABC starting with 'Surfing The Menu' at 6:04pm, 'The Cook And The Chef' at 6:32pm, 'Spicks & Specks' at 8:30pm 'The Glass House' at 9:35pm and 'At The Movies' at 10:05pm. Sound like fun to you too? Go on, you can tell me I'm not a true Queenslander....my Dad does!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe you're a Victorian (like me) living in Queensland (like me!)
ReplyDeleteAnd you won, too!
ReplyDeleteI think. At least, that's what I gathered from the neighbours who were leaping about and shouting at the tv!!
Your choices sound muuuuch better!
I heard all the shouting in the neighbouring houses too except I'd forgotten the football was on and jumped up thinking it was a domestic "situation". I used to live in Melbourne for a while Melody so perhaps I really am a Victorian...
ReplyDeleteI'm a Queenslander and I hate League as well ... stupid game. My husband loves rugby (I'm an AFL girl if I HAVE to watch football) but will not entertain the thought of League in the house. So an Origin-free night in our house as well :)
ReplyDelete