
Miss A has been "learning" all about friendship...Santa provided her with Volume Two of the Disney Princess series in her stocking. I actually think it's slightly too old for her to comprehend what is going on but she laughs at the funny things and I watch her frown when there is danger or disappointment. As much as I try to stop her watching too many DVD's I really don't want to deprive her of the world of make-believe.
What are your feelings on DVD/movie viewing for young children?
This is such a difficult question.
ReplyDeleteIdeally? I hate the fact my almost three year old watches dvds.
But realistically? I think it's part of life and to withdraw that raises the prospect of it becoming a major attraction as he grows older.
So I've been allowing him to watch one dvd (wiggles, spot or hairy maclary, or more recently, the christmas dvds like Frosty the Snowman and Santas Claus is coming to town).
It's hard though, isn't it?
The one thing i'm quite strict on is that he doesn't see me watching tv.
He's watched about 10 minutes a day of the tennis with my partner, and I think that he saw me watching the Opera singer competition on the ABC late last year. But other than that, we don't watch anything while he's around. And maybe that's over the top. Who knows!