
I really should apologise for my poor posting skills, I mean I get really cranky when I go to my favourite blog sites and they haven't been updated. Not that I expect I'm anyone's favourite, but still it's awful seeing the same page after some time. And you might be wondering what's going on with the larger font size. Well, I'm effing near blind (ok not medically diagnosed) and was finding my own posts hard to read. If it's really ugly just tell me so in the Comments section.
It's just that I'm really boring or bored right now. We've had our fair share of days at the park, the beach and some shopping but that's about it. Oh the only thing we have been doing non-stop is BBQ'ing. My Lord, we seem to have a BBQ every second day which is great don't get me wrong. How easy is it for cleaning-up-afterwards purposes hee hee hee?
My time is drawing nearer to welcoming number two onto the scene. I've started packing our hospital bag and washing baby clothes, I had forgotten how teensy-weensy they are. I went and bought the necessities for the hospital stay last week, all the hideous bits and pieces we must buy (maternity/sanitary pads, daggy undies, breast pads and so on). I recalled how last time, the first time I really was so naive and thought things would all just fall into place. Well, I had a tough time with that birth, a tough time with breastfeeding and subsequently suffered mastitis a whopping three times. YEEE-OOOOOUCH. Can you feel the pain? Think sandpaper being rubbed up and down on your nipples; shooting/sharp pains; flu-like symptoms and sheer terror when you know your babe is about to wake for the next feed. Sorry, but that is just how I describe it and if you've had it you'll have tears in your eyes thinking back - just like I do. And to think I'm going to fight tooth and nail with myself this time to persist through feeding issues if they're present.
Miss A has been quite helpful with baby preparations and keeps reminding me that the baby is to bring her a present, just like she has got for her. We bought one of these Kuddles bears since the funds support a charity but also they're mighty soft and damn cute. I still have to wrap it for her so Miss A has something to bring into the hospital on the birth day.
In return, I had thought of getting her a Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Travel Seat for Baby Dolls but after reading these reviews on amazon.com I think I'll go for another favourite of the moment instead, she is currently fascinated with her cousin Lily's Polly Pocket toy - the Pollywood Limo Scene. As it turns out Missy isn't really "into" baby dolls which may change once her sister arrives but I don't want to waste any money in the meantime on pointless toys.
Anyway, I'm signing off for this post. There's half a watermelon in my fridge just waiting to be devoured. Summer lovin' had me a blast......
The Pollywood Limo Scene? That's hilarious! I'm waiting for the day they bring out the Bratz Brothel!
ReplyDeleteYou've made my mouth water with that photo of the watermelon. I must go and find some. It's definitely on the "must have" list for the fruit platter for the boy child's birthday!
The Pollywood Limo Scene? That's hilarious! I'm waiting for the day they bring out the Bratz Brothel!
ReplyDeleteYou've made my mouth water with that photo of the watermelon. I must go and find some. It's definitely on the "must have" list for the fruit platter for the boy child's birthday!
Hmm. Not sure why my message popped out twice!
ReplyDeleteOh don't get me started on Bratz dolls, I hate them!! And yes they are heavily related to brothel goings-on I say. A friend visited with her two daughters and bought Miss A a Bratz colouring-in book and I let them do all the colouring during their stay - Missy didn't show much interest at all. After they departed I gave it to my 9yo niece. No Bratz crap in my house thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteSee Float, you're lucky LC isn't into that rubbish!!