This is what I wish I was thinking about...the beautiful, peaceful sounds of a waterfall.INSTEAD:
I must declare..I'm totally stressed out! Totally and utterly full of grumpiness and most likely a pain to be living with right now. I am completely overwhelmed with this moving gig, you know when you get that feeling you're jumping into something too quickly. We seem to be all gung-ho with getting settled at the new house when we could sit back, take a little deep breath before moving and slow down some.
I'm struggling with my high standards of cleanliness to that of the current owners of the new abode and how we viewed it. I'm obsessing over how much I will need to clean (wash walls, clean the oven & stovetop, clean all three bathrooms, three bedrooms + an office, wash floors, de-flea & de-pet hair the general surroundings) with the thought of my baby crawling around the floors of a house that has had a live-in very shaggy/hairy dog for the past seven years and an elderly couple who are possibly the worst hoarders I've ever come across. That's definitely saying something as a semi-hoarder and daughter of a fine hoarder (Dad).
So I ask you, if you've vacated a dwelling in the past do you leave it just lovely for the new owners or do you think it's no longer an issue now it has sold. I know with rentals it's a necessity to do a bond clean and I wish there were the same regulations when purchasing homes too.
Someone pass me a wine please...quick!!!!!
Wine or Whine? I'm good for either, or.
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you as we've only bought one place and we're living in it. Before it was ours it was a rental. They left it in a state I wasn't too happy with but apparently the real estate said it was fine. Humph. If I was to leave here (which is on the cards as you know), I'll give this place a quick going over and that's it. It's pretty clean anyway but you know when you move out the place looks dirty somehow? Bits of stuff and fluff everywhere. *dread*
I clean like there's no tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI have no idea why the opinion of a stranger talking beind my back means so much to me, but I guess it does.
That said, I expect the same of a house i'm moving in to.
I mean, when the removalists want to put your 5tonne fridge into place for the next 'x' years, I want that space to be clean, not grimey or a home for dustbunnies.
This guy was a feral hoarder, but I was rally pleased to discover the oven cleaned and etc. I'd been fretting about it and was considering hiring a cleaner as I *just knew* the place would be disgusting.
But suprisingly, it wasn't..
So, you never know !
I hope they clean for you :(
Grab the wine I'd say. Our house needed a good going over once we moved in & it only has 2 bedrooms & 1 bathroomk, good luck & remember to take your time & enjoyt the new house without worrying too much, try to think about the positives instead, ie great new house in fab location with lots of new opportunities to explore...
ReplyDeleteI think it's definitely a good idea to clean for the new people. It isn't so much what they think about you, but how they feel about their new place, and what a gift you will be leaving them.
ReplyDeleteWhen we moved into our new house, the people hadn't really cleaned properly for a while, so we had a lot of work to do. Mind you, we would have cleaned furiously even if the place had smelt like bleach but it was their lack of consideration that really coloured those first few days we were here.
Now pass ME the wine!
Now I'm worried.....even with a cleaner apparently doing some cleaning I can still see me spending my first 5 days on my hands & knees on all the skirting boards!!!! Urggh.
ReplyDelete