There's a lot of junior book loving happening in our little corner of the world right now and I need to keep a list of these authors somewhere. Here on the blog is the only place I will find it quickly in the next month I'm sure, so here it goes for my record.Pam Adams
Pamela Allen
Kerry Argent
Graeme Base
John Burningham
Rod Campbell
Eric Carle
David Carter
Lauren Child
Lucy Cousins
Penny Dale
Terry Denton
Julia Donaldson (thanks Melody)
Keith Faulkner
Mem Fox
Jackie French
Vivian French
Sarah Garland
Bob Graham
Roland Harvey
Eric Hill
Pat Hutchins
Alison Lester
Mary Malbunka
David Martin
Junko Morimoto
Jan Ormerod
Maurice Sendak
Jane Simmons
Mandy Stanley
Nicola Tuxworth
Marcia Kay Vaughan
Martin Waddell
Jenny Wagner
Margaret Wild
Great list! (Mem Fox a personal favourite amongst others there). However you need, yes, NEED to get Miss A some books by Julia Donaldson. Fantastic stuff. We love her here (I've been thinking of doing a post on her books for some time.) There are 2 books which we read EVERY night here and both are by her "Room on a Broom" and "The Smartest Giant in Town".
ReplyDeleteThank you, I shall add her to my list right now. I'll be doing a trip to the library in the next week to take some books back and poor Miss A always cries when I do. She doesn't understand we don't actually own all of these books.
ReplyDeleteHowever, her 4th b'day is coming very soon so I have suggested books to anyone who asks what to buy.
Love them all in these parts as well. I get new kids books for myself really, and if the kids want to sit dowmn and listen while I read it's a bonus :)
ReplyDelete