Saturday, February 09, 2008

I'm a huge Scanpan fan..

This post is dedicated to my love of the Scanpan Professional range, designed and manufactured in Denmark. I've just boxed up the saucepans, frypans and baking paraphernalia which reminded me about how I love thee. Do yourself a favour in the kitchen, if you don't own even one piece of Scanpan buy something and experience it for yourself. You will not be disappointed. Very little requirement for oil or butter if at all and an absolute breeze to clean. They have unbreakable stainless steel handles and lids that stay cooler longer, pressure-cast aluminium body which is oven safe to 260degC/500F. And the ceramic titanium non-stick compound is metal utensil and dishwasher safe BUT you'd never catch me sticking these babies into a dishwasher. No way..I lovingly handwash them.

In Australia the best place to purchase value-wise are Kitchen Warehouse and Everten as I don't think Peters of Kensginton or Home Couture stock the Professional range.

IMAGE: Scanpan Professional 28cm Frypan from Everten, current price AUD$87.95 inc GST + delivery charges.


4 comments:

  1. At Chateau h&b, *everything* goes into the dishwasher, *everything*

    The dishwasher is part of my divorce settlement, be I ever need one. We luff each other...

    ( My saucepans are Ooh, ahh, Baccarat ! Replaced the old Freedom Furniture bulk set last year :p )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look pretty good!
    We have esteele saucepans and Le Crueset frying pans, which weigh a tonne, but are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd get along with with the MIL. She *loves* scanpan. I do have a brilliant fryingpan - cost about $70 and I *love it* One day I will replace my saucepan's with scanpan. There is a shop in Sth Melb, opposite the Soth Melb Market called The Chef's Hat. THey always had Scanpan saucepans in the window and I would drool at them. (And reasonably priced too there but it was still a little out of my price league. In the future prehaps...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my kitchen bits & bobs..I do rave on about them a tad. I also have Le Chasseur and one Le Creuset (the orange baby) and swear most of my wrist issues are from the weight of all these pans AND NOT the computer mousepad ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.