Monday, February 04, 2008

Bye bye (1st) baby, goodbye..




Off she went, all cute and giggly wearing her oversized backpack (Tiel, I later realised it's a different size to your Miss M's backpack, so now I don't feel so bad with reading you bought it on sale) laden with all the necessary bits and pieces as per the new Kindy's Prospectus. The little darling was ridiculously excited and has been asking me continuously over the weekend to tell her stories all about Kindy. I must start with the waking her up part, to her eating breakfast, showering with Dad, dressing in her pink & purple cool Kindy t-shirt, driiiiving there and the settling in bit. Hopefully it will go as smoothly as I explain it each time.

The interview with the Director this afternoon shows Miss A is a very happy girl who enjoys making new friends, loves food but is a slow eater and doesn't like to share at dress-up time ha ha ha ha - I knew that was on the cards. She also explained to the group how a hen lays eggs whilst eating her boiled egg at lunch, showing each move as she backed her butt down towards the ground!!

And with Miss A starting her first day at Kindergarten I thought I should note her favourite books this month.
Ginger Finds A Home by Charlotte Voake
Brambley Hedge:Wilfred To The Rescue by Jill Barklem and Alan MacDonald
A Particular Cow by Mem Fox
Good Night, Me by Andrew Daddo & Emma Quay
Herbie Dances by Charlotte van Emst
Mabel Dancing by Amy Hest & Christine Davenier
Ella Kazoo Will Not Brush Her Hair by Lee Fox & Cathy Wilcox

4 comments:

  1. very cute!
    hope she enjoys he first week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She actually looks really excited in that first photo! Great that your little girl has such a personality. You must be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness that bag is *huge* !!
    ( but very cute ! )

    MC's was smaller, but still 'too heavy for me', so after the photo was taken, I carried the damn thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, isn't she gorgeous?! I had a lump in my throat when I saw that second photo. The school is so big, and she is so little.

    What a great idea to have an interview with the director and hear how she has settled in.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.