Thursday, February 28, 2008

Morning wander..








My favourite time of the day is early morning, the earlier the better as long as it's daylight. My favourite season used to be summer (as a teen), then it turned into spring but it now fights for my attention as I long for autumn to commence.

I had a peaceful walk this morning, needed to clear some head space..I have been feeling really out of sorts which is not unusual for me, I should add. Could it be my baby will turn one next week or is it my new surroundings or perhaps the lingering and subsequent stress moving to a new house/community brings? I look around this house and realise there are so many things I want/need to do (starting with a lick of paint) but for some reason I haven't the foggiest idea where to begin. To think I used to tackle a much heavier day in the office yet this boggles my mind. Clearly, I think I need to sit down with my notebook and make many lists numbered 1 to infinity..

Apologies for all the photos but it's a nice way to remember certain days. If you click on the second image you'll be able to see the Kookaburras sitting in the tree by my bedroom window. Noisy little buggers.

2 comments:

  1. You probably have to 'settle'. It might take awhile. You've had a complete change of pace so it might take awhile. When we first moved to TB it took me a little while to get used to not having my Myer and Target literally across the road (like they were when we lived in Cairns). I now love the fact that they aren't across the road!

    I did spot the kookas on the 2nd piccie. Lovely. And the morning fog over the hills looks magical. How lucky are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does take a while to settle into a new place. When we've moved, I find that the first few months are okay, but then it gets a bit tough when the novelty of a new place wears off. Give it a while, I'm sure you'll be okay.
    This is my favourite time of year. I love that the days are still relatively warm, but the nights and mornings are getting cold.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.