Monday, August 06, 2007

Timeless domestic pieces..


I bet you were thinking here I am being all crafty and stuff. Hah! No, not me in the sewing department. Unfortunately, not at all. This gorgeous vintage (and it's real vintage) belonged to either my Mum or Grandmother - I'm not entirely sure which one. I could ask my Mother but it won't be a straight answer, even if it was my G/Mother's she would take ownership of it just to look good. For the record, my Mum is no Domestic Goddess.

So I wonder where I got my domesticity from? I'd like to think it's from her Mum. The dearest, darling lady ever to me. I even named Miss D after her. Well, Miss D's name is a shortened version, it's a very cute name. I always get comments, whether they're positive or negative about her name. I don't really care - it means a lot to me and that's that. So with tribute to her...I'd like to show you this pretty little apron that just fits around my girth. I'm pushing a size 14 at the moment so it's a little on the snug side. But, if I wear it up under my boobs it fits just nicely. Ha ha ha ha.

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea why people bother to make ill-comments towards children's names.

    I mean, what are you going to do, run out and change it ?

    I find older people are the ones making the "EH ?! - what kind of name is THAT?!" about DS's name.

    My answer: "it's HIS name .. of course !"

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW: DS's name is not weird, odd, bizarre, or spelled weird.

    It's just not as common as Jack, Sam, John, Peter etc, etc .. you get the general idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, gorgeous material alright. And hey, your carpet looks just like ours and I love it because it hides everything!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.