Friday, August 10, 2007

Quiet times in my house..

Miss A and the Big Fella have gone to Music Class this morning so I'm left here to do things I cannot usually do without the sweet noise (make phone calls, make appointments, attend to emails properly etc). As Miss D is slipping more into a normal baby of her age routine (having naps in the daytime) it has allowed me some quick updates.

Earlier on, I flew around the house like a mad woman with the cleaning tools, sprays etc and did a quick tidy up. I try to do this every second day because if it is left undone I get rather edgy and feel like a slob - I'm sure this is related to my self-diagnosed OCD.

Secondly, a friend of ours (my ex-boyfriend from ages 20-24) is paying us a coffee visit this afternoon so I like to appear like a semi-Stepford Wife. Some of you may think that is a little odd but we have remained close and he and the BF get along famously, our relationship is that of a good one between a brother and sister. I don't "feel anything" when we see each other just pure friendship. I've always maintained and managed friendships with boys better than that with girls. I know it's a direct result of my issues with Mum. He and I have been through many obstacles together including the death of his brother aged 28 to a heroin overdose only four years ago. I'm still trying to find the right words to say about the situation but I find a big hug seems to say it for me. August is the month of his brother's birthday so today I will remember him and let him know we're still thinking of the tragedy their family suffers.

I'm also doing an early Spring clean, I need to de-clutter the house to sell things on ebay or join with my neighbour who is having a garage sale in a fortnight. I have to save some serious funds due to a trip I booked to Melbourne this morning, it will be just Miss D and I as she will still be breastfed. It's the first time I've been away from Miss A other than when I spent three nights in hospital birthing #2 and from when I had some overnighters on saline drips with the pregnancy. I'm feeling strangely at ease with the thought of leaving her behind.

Don't get me wrong, I will miss her...I miss her when she's gone for an hour. Maybe come November I might change my mind, luckily I know she and her Father will have so much fun together. I'm going to change her childcare days to Thursday & Friday that week so that he can still get some work done in business hours and I won't feel bad about not being home. I'm departing on the Wednesday afternoon and returning Saturday night so whilst it's only 3 nights it will feel like a lifetime for both of us. Secretly, I'm extremely excited and I've already started planning my days and have a budget set up in a document on my laptop. Is that sad or what?

3 comments:

  1. Thats really freaky, I just booked a holiday to QLD for November this week! Though I'm going with chloe & Michael for our first family holiday - we picked Noosa for the ease of it - cant wait & only hope Chloe likes the water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the occasion of the Melb trip ?

    MC is with me 24/7 too - 3yrs, never a day away from me. I'm getting him a day of care come 2008 though, just to ease him into the system, taking orders from someone other than me, and getting him some independence.

    *gulp* !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A leisurely shopping holiday (is there such a thing?) with myself (and the babe of course).

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.