Tonight I experienced an awful moment of poor parenting...NO, NO not in my house! I went to the local shopping centre on my own to buy some Lindt choc-glazed donuts, oops I mean return some items. Cutting a long story short I couldn't believe the amount of babies and children out. It was well past most of their bedtimes, Miss A often doesn't go to bed until 9pm (and on occasion later) but these people looked as if this was the norm.
Anyhow, back to my gripe...I noticed a man and a woman in the carpark as I arrived with their 6mo old babe sitting in a supermarket trolley whilst they both smoked cigarettes. Shock #1, then came shock #2 when I also saw them sitting in the food court area with the babe munching as best she could on a McDonald's Happy Meal including the Coca-Cola (OMG!!!!!) and if that wasn't enough to make me cry (yes, I really did) as I went back to the car and realised they were parked only two cars away. At first I freaked out thinking they were following me (they were slightly scary in the bogan-sense)...they were both mucking around in the boot area (I'm sure they were rolling joints) and then the "Father" proceeeded to place the young one into a booster seat style carseat. It had been pulled out so that it was in some kind of layback position. I was mortified, so much so that I gasped loudly. They both looked at me as if to say "WTF are you looking at bitch?"..you know the kind I'm talking about.
I got into the car, reversed and followed them out of the shopping centre. All the while, fighting back tears for this little darlings future days. Why do people think that a booster seat is enough protection? I nearly reported them, I should have reported them and now I'm feeling awfully guilty.
I'm so pissed off at these people....
That is sad - but you know, you would have reported them, and he would have bashed her for being a 'stupid b!tch', and she would have smacked him back for being a 'lousy father', and life would have gone on.
ReplyDeleteI once reported a wife-bashing neighbour. Fat lot of thanks I got for that ( even though it was 'anonymous', he assumed it was us/me )
As for the night-time thing, as you know, my boy is a night-owl, but that doesn't mean I drag him around to do my bidding, Britney-style. He has to sit on the couch quietly and read - ie: NO active stimulation ...
.. and Maccas for the 6mo old, WITH Coke ? :( :(
H&B, yep Miss A is a night owl too. For instance she was awake waiting for me to come home last night and it was near 10pm. God knows how she manages it after spending all day at childcare racing around being busy. It must be hereditary you know, both the Big Fella and I can go and go and go!
ReplyDeleteHmmm, now that comment from me wasn't supposed to mean we "go" in a sexy way LOL. No, I just meant we can stay awake all night...like the Energizer battery character. Have I muddled that one up already?
ReplyDelete