Sunday, August 05, 2007

October - Breast Cancer Month


It's nearing that time of year again where a lot of us participate in Pink Ribbon Day (Monday 22nd October) by organising a breakfast or morning tea. In previous years I have had a bake-fest where I do numerous batches of cupcakes with a mini pink marshmallow atop. They look like nipples so it's extra cute for the cause really. For you fashionistas I found information relating to their new t-shirts
In August we will open the wardrobe door to reveal the 2007 sass & bide exclusively designed t-shirt which will sell for $40.

It is especially affecting me this year as a young lady we know, by the name of Felicity has just been struck with this awful disease. She is only 32 and last Tuesday underwent a double mastectomy - this all happened in the course of six days, she was also told there wasn't enough time to harvest any eggs for reproduction. Her Mother died from this horrendous monster only eleven years ago and she has been very rigorous in regular checks.

Please help fight in any way you can, further research is crucial. By donating your time, you will help produce vital funds that will go towards cancer research and prevention programs, and support services for the 1 in 3 people who will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Look at those statistics - 1 in 3 people.

I believe this week's Target catalogue on sale from Thursday will feature the 'Fashion Targets Breast Cancer' range and I will make sure I'm sporting a t-shirt and more by this time next weekend. Girl Power!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cupcakes sound very cute !!

    Sorry about your friend - that is very awful :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcakes sound so cute! Please put a piccie of them on your blog if you happen to make them again!! And I too am sorry to hear about your friend. That is terrible!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.