I don't know what it is with me at the moment, can I really blame it on hormones based on breastfeeding? I'm still blaming them for my terrible hair condition and other flabby body bits but that's another post in itself. I think this has got out of hand. I'm talking about my moods, they're swinging higher and lower than the craziest monkey in the Amazon.
I had a major whinge earlier today after completing the washing up - no wonder I was cranky. I hate washing dishes, it is such a waste of precious time. You see I don't feel like an interesting woman anymore, I physically feel like a boring/bored housewife. All drab as I rush and jump into the car with pretty looking children, dressed in their cute outfits. But not me, I have to pick some dreary, outdated outfit that needs little or no ironing.
I nearly started crying as I vented away to the Big Fella. I think he could finally see that I've hit the wall with it all today, he just sat there on the lounge looking at me whilst holding Miss D. Sure he was trying to be sympathetic but he probably thinks (like I do at times)..."but this is what you took on as a Mother." Do you think like that too? Do you think I'm just whinging and feeling sorry for myself about not having as much time alone as I'd like. I was supposed to have every Saturday to myself but with recent visitors or having to be at certain events that hasn't happened in a long while and it needs to take off again.
Perhaps I'm longing for the days of being single and able to do whatever I please. Not that I want that life permanently but at times I think I could handle it again. Genetically I am a loner so this seems to be a contributing factor to all these silly emotions.
I thought I was just tired but I'm averaging around six hours sleep a night. When I finish breastfeeding a friend has suggested I take 'Mood Manager' or 'St Johns Wort' tablets.
Any tips girls?
Oh man! We all have our days don't we? I can't think of any tips off the top of my head just now, let me sleep on it!!
ReplyDeleteI feel for you, I dont have the mood swings but sometimes I'm reduced to tears I'm so tired. My only suggestion is getting as much help from your partner as possible, I know I couldnt do it without his help & support at night which a recent business trip to NZ proved with me nearly going nuts alone for 3 days.
ReplyDeleteI feel for you. I've been taking 30-plus (which you may or may not be!) and they work for me as long as I only take them sporadically. They just ease the mood swings.
ReplyDeleteI think it's normal to want some time to yourself without having people ask for things from you all the time. There's a point where we become completely saturated with touch, and babies are so touchy feely that it can just send you over the edge. Well, that's what my doctor explained to me!