Thursday, June 29, 2006

When bored just bead!


I took a drive to Spotlight today as I was in a really crafty mood, amongst ribbons for wrapping gifts and fabric for canvas stretching I bought some wooden beads that I'm going to make into a bracelet. They don't look cheap (but they were!), so I'll be the only one to know where they were purchased. It will give me something to do tonight as I search Foxtel for something entertaining.

I have a dilemma in that Miss A has been having such lengthy sleeps (around 3 hours) during the day and as a result we find ourselves still entertaining her or her entertaining us at 10pm. I think I'll have to start cutting those sleeps down. As much as I love the afternoon to myself it's not good to have her racing around and often calling out. Our neighbours must think we're dreadful parents. In fact she has just woken up and is yelling out to me from her room "I've done a poo poo, I've done a poo poo". Gorgeous....oh well, back soon.

5 comments:

  1. Those beads DO look expensive. I really like the look of them and the colours...

    Our Monet sounds like your Miss A. I found if she naps during the day she'll be awake till 9-9:30 before she hits the sack. If she doesn't nap she's out like a light by 7. I know which one I rather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Melody...how can you deny them sleep when mine is almost begging me to put her into bed. She is a very active 2yo (just gone 26mo) so I think she is re-stocking her energy during nap time. Imagine if we could all siesta like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that my son, two and a half, generally sleeps as long as he needs to. As he's grown though, I've found that I need to shuffle his sleep times. He used to sleep at 11am but when that stopped working, I pushed it to 11.30, and now it's midday.

    I've found that he sometimes sleeps for two hours, occasionally for three, and very very rarely for four. And sometimes he doesn't sleep at all. (Which, given I work from home, drives me a bit nuts.)

    But he always, ALWAYS,goes to bed at 7.30/8pm. Otherwise I'd be certifiable!!

    PS The beads look gorgeous. Look forward to seeing the end result.

    PPS. Thanks for visiting me the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monet doesn't need a nap during the day now, only every 2nd or 3rd. Sometimes it works in my favour and sometimes not. I actually did a post on this a few weeks back...

    Maybe let Miss A only sleep for half the time and then wake her up. It seems cruel (I know) but she might go to bed a little earlier in the evenings for you this way? As 'my float', above, said, maybe bring her nap time forward (if you can).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice girls. She does go to sleep anywhere from 11:30am-12noon but I might have to make it precisely at 11am. I went out tonight to dinner & film with a girlfriend so I wonder how she went tonight with her Daddy? I'm sure I'll hear all about it in the morning!! It's now nearing 1am so I'd better toddle off to bed too, damn that coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.