Stories from an Australian girl. At one time I was a mover and shaker in a city advertising agency but opted out for a simpler, more wholesome life. I now dedicate my working hours to my digital marketing consultancy where I focus on modern communications. There's four of us in this family. We live in the hills above the south east Queensland coastland with much food, coffee, music and art. And life is real. Very real.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Anger returns
I try to supress my anger towards my Mum quite often, but quite often I fail. It's not so much that I get angry AT HER but I hold it within or release it at mostly inappropriate times towards innnocent bystanders. I really should go back and visit a counsellor, it has been five years now. I don't know what treatment I received then, there were so many emotions being flung about my life..my Grandmother passing, my relationship breakdown and then HER! I can't say I took much away from those sessions except a handbag full of soaked tissues. I love a good cry but those times were so strong that I would need to sit in the carpark for another half an hour to compose myself. Thank God I was going after work hours. Well, it's something for me to think about anyway, firstly I'll make some phone enquiries to the counseller I was seeing. I wonder if they remember you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry you don't have an easy relationship with your Mum. You should definitely get help where ever you can - life's too short to not be happy.
ReplyDeleteThat's how I think too and then I realise I'm not practicing what I preach!! It certainly makes life difficult not being able to rely on her like I should be able to and for my daughter to enjoy her as I did with my Grandmother.
ReplyDelete