My previous life (as a professional) was based chiefly in the advertising industry for 12 years. I loved it, well I thought I did BUT (yep, there's always a BUT!) towards the end of working I realised I didn't really love my job. The things I loved were - I enjoyed the social aspect; the closeness of my peers - some of who had helped pull me through some terribly glum times; the money; the satisfaction and success of my personal work that contributed to the agency's success. And so on and so on.
Lately I've been considering returning to work probably for financial reasons before any sight of boredom. But not to the ad industry, nooooo way. I'd prefer a much quieter, slower environment and what would suit me enormously would be a creative, crafty shop - just a little one providing a personal touch towards their customers. Somewhere to lose myself in all the wares and innovative items. I know just the place but it is small being family owned and as far as I know they aren't looking for staff. I should approach one of the co-owners, she is a lovely lady and every time I visit the store we chat for up to an hour at a time. I don't just chat, I do buy..but I enjoy her company, the same sort of feeling I used to have being part of an office team.
Looking back I believe I was actually quite a bitter person in my old job and probably didn't have the respect of some of the staff that I thought I had. Oh dear....what to do? what to do? I don't want to leave my darling with other people, I suppose I could do it for two days maximum. We are a very close-knit Mummy/daughter team and I adore that bond. Some may think it's too close but considering where I've come from with my own Mum I find it almost a necessity.
I told you this blog was taking a personal turn, I've got a lot of thinking to do.
You have to put that Crumpler bag to good use ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat about trying to work from home? Setting up an ebusiness instead? Or freelancing? Consulting?
I work five days a week and I miss my girls A LOT! That closeness you have is very precious.
Aaaah, the trusty Crumpler. It's a tad old now, coming up to 4 years in fact. I wish I could consult/freelance but the role I had was too hands on. Aside from that I don't want to go back into that field so I have to stop teasing myself. It's just that I know how to do that job blindfolded. I only hope the closeness between her and I continues...
ReplyDelete