Thursday, January 01, 2009

New year, new friends..


We managed to see the new year in for 2009. Celebrating it with our new friends, none of the attendees are local to the area so it was a fun evening learning how we all came to be living here. Even Miss A was still partying at midnight and is paying for it today, the poor love. Miss D got herself to 10pm and politely fell asleep on the lounge. The host's house is a century-old federation style Queenslander moved here in pieces from Brisbane. The story behind the mansion is a fantastic one told over many Champagnes (was that a bottle I consumed?). We laughed and cried over a few games of 'Celebrity Head', always much funnier when mixed with booze. How the hell was I ever going to guess I was 'Ronald McDonald'?

I can safely say last night was one of my/our better new year's eve gatherings. Here's to new and old and unseen friends in the new year!

How did you celebrate the end of 2008?

Listening: Supergrass Is 10. The Best Of Supergrass 94-04

2 comments:

  1. oooh - I love playing "Celebrity Head" - it's been years..

    Sounds like a good one, perhaps I should come up next year .. you sound like you guys have fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Happy New Year! Ronald McDonald. Yeah, I'd never guess that one either!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.