Friday, January 09, 2009

A story and a cookbook to celebrate life and spirit..

I have this tribute cookbook on loan for a couple of weeks, it was given to my good friend Rebecca by her sister in-law. R isn't fussed with food, grocery shopping, planning, baking and cooking like I am yet she appreciates the passion and story behind it. She knew I'd really enjoy thumbing the pages first. What a kind thought.

It's the type of book I would like to think my friends (and family) would assemble for me as a memory piece. And, so far I'm just enjoying the story of Megan's life, so young she was, and the simple design and layout. My only criticism is the lack of photographs of the finished meal, I'm a visual girl and adore seeing the meal in its entirety.

As a "foodie" and ex-Melburnian it just might be one for the purchase list, especially at an affordable price of AU$25.00 + postage & handling. All profits from the sale of the book go to the Epilepsy Foundation of Victoria.

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year, have enjoyed catching up on your blog.... Thanks for the comment about my doll, I really loved making her and my hubby thinks that I should make and sell them, maybe something to think about!! We have just been to a b'day party with a slip 'n slide as well, such a great idea and keeps the kids happy for HOURS!!! Will be giving your muffins a try this week, thanks for the recipe they sounds delicious.... J XX

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.