Thursday, April 19, 2007

Swingin' good times..

After much consideration we decided to buy Miss D an automatic Fisher Price swing today, we are hoping it will help settle her when I need both arms and hands to do other chores like prepare food for poor little Miss A. Has anyone ever told you the first child does suffer a little when a second is introduced to the routine?

The worst part of the shopping trip for said swing was me having to take both girls along to Kmart to buy the damn thing at almost 6:00pm when I'd almost lost my cool. It was a necessity that I do it on my own as the big fella was still in Brisbane working. Can you picture two crying girls (almost three including myself) whilst making the trek? Yep, pretty much from the minute I reversed out of the driveway until we reached the shopping centre 25 minutes later. The babe demanded to be fed so picture this..here is me breastfeeding in the front seat of the car, in my arms (a la Britney style). (Big) boobs out and all. I knew it had to be done so I tried to relax even though I spent the entire half an hour scouring the ceiling of the Kmart carpark looking for security cameras so I could smile for them.

Oh boy, has it made a difference to our lives. We are all very happy and the house has been somewhat quieter. It must relief her wind/reflux pains with all that swinging but now I'm reluctant to turn it off once she's fallen asleep. I hope she doesn't get dizzy?

More money well spent let me tell you, even if it is for only three months usage. Another best baby buy.

4 comments:

  1. I feel sorry for you - cannot imagine it with two.

    I b/f in the carpark of a dodgy KFC while my hubby ate hot chips besides me, if that makes you feel a bit less Britney & Kevin :))

    As for those rocky-swinging type things - I was lucky enough for a loan of something similar ( I probably sniffed at it in distaste ), and it would be one of the first things I recommend/buy for another.

    Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KFC...I feel ten times better already. Thanks for the sympathy h&b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becuase I bought my pram and cot from 'Baby co' ie. spent lots of $, I was fortunate enough to receive a free swing, similar to your own, which was great. But Monet rarely used it. She wasn't that kind of baby. But it has had a fair bit of use from others I have lent it to...

    I just want to know how you handled going to Kmart with two young ones and buying something so big and bulky (I know they are packaged in a box, but still, I'd have trouble getting one with only a 2 1/2 year old with me!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Melody, firstly I had decided to ask one of the "very willing" (huh) staff members to assist me in carting it back to the car BUT as I had my 3 wheeler pram with me and had to hold screaming babe the entire shopping trip (whilst pushing pram single handedly) I just stuck the box inside it. Easy really. In saying that, I wouldn't do it alone ever again.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.