The guy is 56 years old this October - phwoar!!!!!! I don't know about you but I think Sting is absolutely divine and I cannot stop watching this You Tube recording. It was taken at this year's Grammy Awards where The Police kicked off the evening's proceedings and earlier this week announced a worldwide tour - I wonder if that includes Australia and more importantly, Queensland?
I will sleep with nice dreams tonight.
UPDATE: I have received an industry email stating the following re The Police tour. Wonderful news for Aussie fans.
The reunited Police have pencilled in Australia and New Zealand for the end of 2007 for their world tour. This country has always been a strong market for the British band, which this week announced a comeback world tour.
The 80-date trek begins in May in Vancouver, and curls its way through the United States during the northern summer. They'll hit Europe and the UK in summer, and then return to North America after that. Obviously, if the tour explodes in the northern hemisphere, the Aussie run will be postponed to next year.
After 2006 proved to be such a strong year for the live concert sector with no less than 20 major and superstar acts, could this year be stronger? Already reunions by Van Halen, Genesis, Crowded House and, umm, Right Said Fred, are tipped to draw the consumers back in droves.
"Dream of the Blue Turtles" is still one of my fave albums.
ReplyDeleteLove it.
Hope all is going okay Kikimiss... Not long till little one says hello to the world!!
ReplyDelete