Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Attempting childcare again..

I've taken the plunge again and enrolled Miss A into another childcare centre. It has been about a year now since her last attempt. I don't think she was ready, actually I really don't think I was ready. Last night, when I was here by myself (the Big Fella has been spending one night away for music purposes) I started thinking about how I was going to cope with the two girls during the day, not that I'm a wuss, I'm far from it but how would I establish routines and keep the eldest from smothering the newborn. Plus, I realise Miss A requires social interaction with other children her own age and is very ready to "learn" from others as well as us.

So, we went and visited a local centre this afternoon. It's only a three minute drive from home which is great for me in terms of getting her there on time and for pick-ups. She appeared to have so much fun and wouldn't leave when I asked her to gather her things. Hopefully this is how it is when she starts next Thursday. At present I only have her booked for one day a week with the option of two if she settles well.

So far, I'm feeling good about this decision.

4 comments:

  1. Oh good for you! I hope all goes well. It sounds as if Miss A is ready which must put your mind at ease. Yippee...

    I'm thinking that I am going to try and put Monet into Childcare next year (when she's 3) for a few hours a week... There is a Childcare place less than a 5 minute walk from our new place which is great. And we are going to be living basically opposite a Kinder which I am going to book her into. Apparently some places up here take kids at the age of 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I tried Kindy (Kinder) but they won't take her until she's four (2008). That's the local C&K Kindergarten I'm referring to.

    I hope she enjoys childcare, I know I have to relax and release the separation anxiety from my end first though. I have to give it at least six weeks and then I can re-evaluate the situation if she is showing signs of hating it.

    I thought Monet was 3 this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she is 3 in September - just thinking ahead to the next 'schooling' year, that's all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good idea.

    Master B walks past the local PRIMARY school ( he's not even 3 yet )and exclaims "School ! School!" and wants to go in.

    I want him to be my baby forever :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.