Sunday, September 21, 2008

I need a holiday to get over my weekend..

My cousin came to stay this weekend past, and as I don't have a sister I really cherish the time spent with her. We have a mutual respect and are comfortable enough to really tell one another how it goes and what we think, if the need be. I like that kind of relationship, I know what to expect and there are no usual, hidden surprises. I'm definitely a no bullshit kinda lady.

On Friday night after a welcome bottle of Merlot at home, guacamole from our ample supply of avocados and wrestling small children into bathtubs, her and I headed off to our local Indian restaurant to enjoy an absolute feast - such feast cost me $65.00 excluding the 2.5 bottles of plonk I purchased and helped consume. I know, I know....you're telling me to grow up!! But by God we laughed, we cried and we absoutely cracked ourselves up for three hours. Even the chef and his co-owner joined in. I don't think they'd heard such stories in their lifetime. And...they were all real.


Saturday, I awoke with a dull pain and at 4:15am I downed two headache pills so by sunrise I was halfway over a hangover. We set off to a local village overlooking the Sunshine Coast and with a terrific view, enjoyed a light lunch (calamari salad) whilst listening to the tunes of a muso. Shopped a little until we knew it was time to call it a day. An early BBQ dinner then saw us settle in with a smorgasbord of chocolate to watch the film 'Into The Wild' screenplay and directed by Sean Penn. Whilst, I don't recommend it as a must-watch it certainly had a message and I thoroughly enjoyed the soundtrack, Penn handpicked Eddie Vedder to provide and I think it was a lovely combination of scenery and song.

I can't wait to return to the Indian establishment for our next installment at the end of November, our visitor decided it's a bi-monthly event for her and we couldn't be happier. She keeps me in the swing of drinking that's for sure!

4 comments:

  1. naughty Kiki ;)

    Glad you had fun - just sans headache next time perhaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee nothing wrong downing a bottle or 2!

    Sounds like a perfect night. I'm a no bullshit kinda lady too... And Indian. Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody, if you ever end up in my neck of the woods...I'm taking you to our local Indian. I guarantee you'll savour it.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.