Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another weekend of excess..


I'm busy planning and packing and ticking off items on my list of domestic 'things to do' before Saturday. I'm having another solo weekend, this time in Brisbane. A girlfriend and I meet on Saturday and I'm really looking forward to taking my car, whilst the Sydney trip was great I did walk far too much in a short amount of time and my poor legs ached for days afterwards. I also have the advantage of zipping around in air-conditioned comfort to some great little suburban spots. My friend is flying up from Sydney so I have the honour of playing tour guide. That part in itself is exciting.

I have a shopping (for me) list including:- new undies of the normal woman kind (not my ratty cotton 'around the house' type I've been wearing for too long); summer flats and summer heels; white cotton shirt; black handbag/tote; nail polish for the toes; coin purse, pens & pencils from kikki•K; shortie pyjamas and some new trainers. 

For a little luxury, we've booked ourselves a Napoleon makeover prior to dinner & drinks on Saturday night. I must remember to photograph that part (no - not the dinner & drinks *hiccup*)...as it will be some time before I see myself looking so glamorous again, I can assure you. I'm whipping out the LBD for this occasion.

I have an eating & drinking list almost as long including:- high tea; coffee; wine; an all-you-can-eat chocolate buffet; patisseries; decadent eggs benedict; coffee; wine; cocktails and a little more coffee.

These lavish weekends are important to me, they help me reconnect with myself - considering I struggle at times to parent (no more than the next person I guess) and stay home for hours on end. I read that as an odd statement actually, because I would call myself a homebody.

Come Saturday morning, as I bid farewell to my little homestead, I know the 'Mum-me' persona will fast disappear and allow me to become just 'Me' again. Come Monday (or most likely Saturday night knowing me!) I'll be dreaming of and missing the dinner/bath/stories/bed routine just like you know I will.

Back to the suitcase for me..

6 comments:

  1. I second what Stacey has said. Enjoy yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds decadent and deserved, my friend.

    Go hard, or go home :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a fantastic weekend, sounds like BLISS............ X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have just described my dream weekend. I´m waiting so hope you provide lots of info I can live vicariously through.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.