We started music class this week, well we did attend the Friday before but that was a free trial lesson. Miss A shows great interest in music and she holds a note beautifully when singing and I'm not just saying that. I'm the first to scream HIDEOUS when most kids start singing. Like, I cannot stand listening to a bunch of children singing in a choir or that style of group singing. Awful, awful noise.So we were driving there yesterday and the little cherub was all enthusiastic and singing the tunes she could remember from the week before. I was excited thinking this will be fun, us Mums and children sit in a ring with the teacher who teaches us songs and pitch etc. Each child has to sing back when sung to. Except, she got bloody stage fright. It was so heart wrenching for me, she got up and hid behind me and went all red in the face, I thought she was going to cry.
I hated seeing her like that, it reminded me of myself as a youngster. I was terrified of doing anything publicly. Funnily enough I've turned out to be quite the opposite. I'm happy to be the centre of attention but not all the time. I still fear public speaking with a vengeance. And singing in public, crikey..I'm surprising myself all the time. I've always known I can sing so why am I so scared? Attending classes with my daughter is helping me through that fear and it's a good thing.
I used to sing beautifully but hid it also. Now I think i've lost it. Bah !
ReplyDeleteMy son requests to leave premises where songs are being sung.
Hates it.