
Is anyone else addicted to online shopping (usually "window" shopping for me) for almost anything and everything? I mean we all do our research but I think I take it that one step further all too often. I am always wanting something materialistic, I think that is my Mother coming out in me. We grew up with her constantly shopping, I'm sure there is a term for that addiction. She was forever spending money. And..she's one of those people who purchases and leaves the item in their wardrobe or wherever with the tags on until either passing it on or even (shock horror) throwing it out. I'm not like that at all. I hardly ever make silly purchases. I treasure every piece.
Some nights I sit and work my way through umpteen baby stores and tonight it was these two lovelies..Babylush and Baby's Got Style. It's fair to say I do love designer clothing, not for the price tag that some love it for to establish themselves about the playground. No, I love it from a design angle. Well thought of designs with real stories behind them. Probably some quirky, eccentric parent like me.
What a shame children aren't in clothing long enough to appreciate the beauty. Generally I buy clothing with a label or from a designer when it is on sale, in my opinion the quality is second-to-none and you get far better wear out of them, especially when you hand them down. Like we will be. I have also learnt to buy when the sales are on for the following season. So, right now I'm about to start buying for Miss A's size 4 & 5 and Miss D's size 1 Winter '08 gear.
I'm Miss Target.
ReplyDeleteAnd I too only make good purchases - everything is worn.
Except.
I made an expensive impluse buy yesterday, and am pretty sure it was a case of 'fool's rush in'.
I hope I can get out of it :(
I'm a Miss Target girl too for Monet, with a dash of Myer and a dash of Pumpkin Patch. I make sure all is worn too and usually is. Miss Monet is usually in size 4 but size 5 stuff seems so big but it won't be long before she's in that size.
ReplyDeleteYes I've had to give Target near me a miss for a little while - I spend too much time there, not only do some of the staff know me by name but Miss A knocked over a display stand of DVDs the other week and the Manager was called!!
ReplyDeletePlus, I have had a few issues with their quality in the past six months, it's a good thing I keep all receipts no matter how small my purchase. You can take anything back but my issue is that it shouldn't be that way.
I only buy Target now for her childcare clothes or park/around the house type clothes. It's not my washing style as I consider myself a very good launderer.