Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shopping tips..


Below is advice from the gurus, found at one of my (few) favourite clothing boutiques:

1. Before buying clothes for a new season get half a dozen fashion magazines, settle down for the evening and scour them for details of new looks that keep cropping up. Check the colours, silhouette shapes, footwear, hairstyles, jewellery, accessories and fabrics too.

2. Spend 15 minutes putting your own wardrobe into apple pie colour order. Seriously check it for colours and styles you already have as you work on it. Absorb mentally the information within the existing wardrobe and remove items you hate whilst thinking about new items to update and bridge the gaps.

3. Keep in mind a mental or written note of the colours of the new season that you know suit you and may well already mix well with your existing wardrobe.

4. Have fun and only buy what you love!

See, I like the last tip the best about only buying what you love. I don't really follow up-to-the-minute fashions, I prefer what I know suits my body shape. Trouble is, I do seem to buy a lot of the same colour or design so I'm thinking I do need to branch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.