Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Big balls..


Don't these choccie balls look great and I hear they taste just like decadent, expensive chocolate! Those words alone always make my ears prick up. I will make a batch of these without nuts for Miss A's lunchbox (nut free school) as she has been pestering me for something sweet. I don't go for the pre-packaged varieties available and what's more I don't have the cash to splurge on such preservative filled shite. Mini warning - don't ever get me started on that track.

Date, Hazelnut + Cocoa Balls
1 cup dates, chopped finely
½ cup hazelnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon cocoa
3 tablespoon dessicated coconut

Blend dates, cocoa and hazelnuts in a mixer until a rough textured paste forms. Roll into balls and roll in coconut. Keep refrigerated until serving if there are any left, of course.

1 comment:

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.