Saturday, June 07, 2008

With all this French love..


Last night was fabulous - easy, relaxed and cosy. This will come as no surprise to those of you who don't stay up "late" too often but it was almost 1:30am when my friend said her goodbyes and departed for home - where do the minutes/hours go when you're entertaining? The early hours were thick with fog so I'm sure R endured a slow drive home some 25 minutes from here. I was wide awake when she left, still laughing over our conversations about Mothering, men, life, love and travels. That's it really..the same old stuff but when you're alone with food, wine, tea and chocolates once you get started you just can't stop. You just want to get as many words out as time allows. No wonder people think I talk a lot sometimes, it is the release...like a kid in a candy store.

I did enjoy the movie, it was funny although perhaps watching the trailer gave away a few too many, but all the same I'm glad I've seen it. Melody, there's not too much in the way of Paris scenery only the day-to-day life and runnings of life in Paris. Nice, though. Of course, Julie Delpy tells the tale in her own part-time Parisian way.

So...keeping on the French theme I seem to have created this week, my friend left this DVD for me, I have wanted to see this film since its creation. Paris, Je T'Aime - this is a beautifully photographed film, with many acclaimed directors providing their take on the city we all love.

1 comment:

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.