Sunday, June 08, 2008

French desires..

Melody, when will this red, white & blue phase cease? I've found more French love  just for you, in this everything French-in-Australia site and have a little look at what I found so close to home. Have you been here?

Keeping it nice and local....today we visited a French cafe/patisserie and drank beautiful bowls of hot coffee, huge pottery bowls which gave me an entire week's fix of caffeine I'm sure. I ate cream of sweet potato soup with a buttery baguette and three different pastries just because I couldn't decide on one and just because I can! Choices: strawberry creme brulee tart, flourless chocolate cake and apple tart tartin. This cafe has a terrific little garden where the children can run and play whilst you sip on and the view is to die for. I just love going there, it's really well-priced and I've made a commitment to meet a friend there at least once a month to keep up the love. Mmmmm. Jealous?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds *heavenly* ( I especially appreciate little gardens ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm jealous!! We had *the best* toasted ham and cheese toasted sandwich in one of those cafes where you outside and watch everyone pass by. It was delicious but expensive (something like over $13 for it!)

    We've discovered a french restaurant in Cairns and also a German cafe in Clifton Beach. Yet to visit both.

    When in Venice (& Germany) we noticed people drinking hot chocolate from 'bowls'. *heehee*

    Maybe I can come down and visit sometime yes??? Your experience sounds divine...

    About to go and check out that website. Thanks for the list.

    Bonjour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, have had a peek. I'm now STARVING!!!! Looks wonderful no? COuld be a celebratory dinner maybe one day soon *hopefully* I have yet to do my post about the Michilen star french restaurant in London we visited.

    To. Die. For.

    Trust me.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.