
I haven't yet made comment about seeing this awesome film. I guess I have been swallowing all it meant to me. I laughed and I cried, all the while thinking about me and women before me. My Grandmothers and women who didn't/don't have the opportunities I have, we have, together. I believe Julia Child was one strong bitch, a good bitch of course. You know when you use the word bitch in the nicest possible way?! The relationship they portrayed between her and her husband Paul was so loving and gentle, really funny and life-like. Just how it really is. I enjoyed that.
Futhermore, in her character Meryl Streep was sublime. I couldn't picture any other actor in this role. Not before and not now. I honestly didn't want the film to end and I was so happy I decided to go along by myself. Actually, I quite like a solo film outing. Solo lots of things now I come to think about it.
The tying together of blogs and cooking was lovely and it reminded me how close we all are in this online community. I recall reading Julie Powell's blog all those years ago. I also remember thinking her task of grocery shopping and cooking her way through that enormous textbook style cookbook was an amazing feat. Not one I think I could achieve myself, certainly not with a family. And just look where she is now, all because she set her mind to it. There's something in that for all of us.
Do toddle along to see it if you can. I guess certain films just grab you!
I saw it a couple of weeks ago and loved it too. I felt parallels to myself but read something in a book I'm reading that made me not comment. It basically says that we all like to think that we're special, that we're unique and capable of amazing things, if we didn't all feel that way then the sheer weight of the everyday, the monotony and predictability of it all, would probably kill us!!!
ReplyDeleteand this one.My sister went and said it was great.
ReplyDelete