

The end of Miss A's Kindergarten year came faster than I recall it all happening. I recall the day she first waltzed up that path like she owned it, just like it was last week.
It was a bittersweet day for me, I never enjoyed this year like I thought I would. We had a change in teachers part way through the year and unfortunately, it changed the dynamics of the place. Subsequently, two assistant teachers departed and parents became a little suspicious. Hopefully by the time Miss D starts in 2011 (yes, her name is first on the waiting list) I'll get that happy feeling back again.
Onwards and upwards, I am so proud of my budding artist, my budding musician and all round sweet little girl. She is such a treasure, has made great friends and sports a wicked machine-gun style cackle. You can hear her a mile away in the playground. Funnily enough, we never hear it at home...she reserves it for her friends only. See...we have a whacky little 4yo.
My how she has grown! Gee I remember that post when she walked up that kider pathway and didn't turn back. Only seems like last week you posted that but by jingo ringo, it was back in Feb. Where has the year gone??
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie she is :)
ReplyDeleteI felt sad on our last day - our teachers were fabulous and I loved them. But the mister wanted to take the boy in the AM before work, so they handed out our gifts and apparently one of them cried!!
When I got there in the PM for pickup, there was only the crabby not-favourite chick left, and it was all a bit of a let-down, no fancy goodbyes, it was like he'd be back in the morning.
God, it seems to surreal that *that was it* !
Hmm - sorry to vent on your blog - lol - I guess I should have blogged about it myself to get some of the emotion out :D
I felt the same way but being in this small-ish town I realised they were like that because they know we'll run into each other all the time. As it is we saw the teacher on Monday afternoon whilst shopping.
ReplyDeleteBlog it, release that shittiness.